Armani

Posted by: Letizia,

The empire astounds. I truly admire the essence of Armani! My first taste of the Armani dream came in the form of the sweetest scent! "Acqua di Gio". The problem with entry level luxury goods is that you never really own them. You spray on your dream and it evaporates, then you spray some more and it evaporates...BUT the beauty about brands is that if you do anything consistently, you'll soon become known for it, so in my teens I sprayed and I sprayed and I sprayed until you could pick out my "Peterhouse Girls' School" jersey from a heap of identical jerseys and know it belonged to me because of my signature scent. Then tastes evolve and the thirst for luxury can't be quenched until you have a wardrobe full of marvelous creations by esteemed designers.

The Armani brand revolves around the man himself. He IS the brand and from him, stems the parent brand Armani and sub brands such as Armani Casa. So now, joy of joys, I live directly across the new home of the first Armani Hotel in the Burj Khalifa. Also in convenient proximity is the dubai mall which houses a slew of Armani brand stores.

One thing that I find truly fascinating is the designer brands for kids (...in comes Armani Junior) but that's a topic for another day.

I'll be doing some research on the Armani brand strategy...watch this space for my findings