The Jimmy Choo Story

Posted by: Letizia,

I'm only a quarter way through this gem of a book and I'm hooked. An unexpected diversion into the Vidal Sassoon story actually sheds light on how brands are created, sustained and if mismanaged can fall into peril. Then in comes Tamara nee Yeardye with her keen eye for fashion a family with money and connections and a father with a knack for making things happen and voila, Jimmy Choo is no longer a middle class shoemaker, he is a (reluctant) celebrity...

I have to read on to get into this juicy story, but from what I can tell, jealousy, greed and family politics make this story even more compelling. Every time I open my closet I'm definitely going to know the story behind my choo's.





After I finish this I need to get my hands on Diane Von Furstenberg and Coco Chanel's stories for inspiration (I plan on owning a luxury brand very soon!) and for a little bit of drama, the story of Guccio Gucci is said to be quite sordid!