Viktor & Rolf RTW Fall 2010

Posted by: Letizia,

How surprisingly refreshing! Who would have thought that a show so devoid of colour could ellicit such an inspired reaction from me? I appreciate black clothing and ocassionally I'll wear it, but colour dictates the contents of my wardrobe so to watch a show that had no colour and LOVE it, is something to be noted!

I couldn't have asked for a richer treat as I went about my daily morning routine which consists of cardio exercise whilst watching fashion TV. The combination of fashion meets art meets showmanship was truly a spectacle to behold, particularly having attended a number of shows within Dubai that purely lacked the creativity that was exemplified in V&R's RTW Fall masterpiece.

Granted I'm slightly biased towards the duo due to their intoxicatingly sweet "flower bomb" fragrance, packaged in a grenade shaped bottle, however, they proved themselves despite my leanings.

What impressed me mostabout the runway show was the style of exhibition of their artform. The collection itself was also far from dull. They gave us a glimpse of the craft of designing. They were part of the show both in the back and foreground, lending a touch of reality to the usual hum-drum of waif coat hangers strutting their gangly legs down an endless runway. I was particularly drawn to the industrial feel of the show where you felt like you were part of the process. Watching the designers undress and dress the models brought an element of authenticity to the show because the designer's hands were physically on the clothing structuring each look especially for the audience as they watched.

Very well done! I almost burst into applause at the end of the show - good thing i didn't because a fall from the elliptical machine would have been a little less than graceful. Definitely looking forward to their next collection!