Bedtime stories

Posted by: Letizia,



My Favourite Fairytale! I've read it more times than I care to reveal and I enjoy it every single time as much as when I first read it in my childhood. It brings up the question..."what price are you willing to pay for fashion or luxury?"...furthermore, would you buy a fake/replica/counterfeit and strut around like the emperor?

..."and so the emperor just kept walking stiffly, staring straight ahead. He never even saw the two cunning rascals sneak away, laughing and clutching their bags of gold."

The demand for luxury goods is so huge that the industry will continue to thrive for as long as people are in the dark about the cruel reality that belies the manufacturing of these fakes, and off go the organised crime syndicates "laughing and clutching their bags of gold!"

There is an entire district in Dubai that is dedicated to the counterfeit industry. Having heard so much about "Karama", I've decided to take a field trip to see what its really all about...